In The Know On Flow
A Note From Kevin Marsh
The end of May is always a happy time around our house. First and foremost it's the end of the school year. We still have two boys in high school and their last day was one week ago. I think they are still in bed. Our oldest finishes her first semester as a grade school teacher today. Teachers like summer too, btw. My wife's gardening obsession is in full swing and I get to keep pedaling flow meters. That actually makes me happy - even after 20 years. I guess that also makes me one of this industry's old dogs. So be it.
Speaking of old dogs. When was the last time you looked at your inventory of sewer flow meters? I'll bet there are a few old dogs lying around not doing you any good. Here's a chance to put them to good use. Between now and the end of August I'll give you an $800 trade-in towards the purchase of a new Hach FL900 Series Flow Logger. It's a one-to-one deal, so every individual logger you trade-in earns you $800 off one new logger. No limit on the quantity and I'll accept any old flow meter - Hach, Sigma, Marsh-McBirney, or any of our competitors.
If you're not already familiar with the Hach FL900 Series Flow Logger I can tell you it's the most reliable, durable, and flexible flow meter platform I've ever seen - and I've seen a lot. It's available with wireless communication for remote data collection, diagnostics, alarms, and programming. A non-wireless version is also available for those of you that prefer to drive to your monitored manholes and collect data manually. Both versions offer these great features:
- 1, 2 or 4 plug-and-play ports to use with a broad array of sensor-types - Reduces inventory cost & simplifies inventory management
- On-site verification of flow meter performance using advanced diagnostics
- Step-by-step calibration guides for easy and precise set ups
- Advanced signal processing and filtering options reduce noise in difficult applications
- Dynamic logging intervals automatically enables the delivery of greater resolution flow data during high flow periods and battery/data volume conservation during low-flow seasons
Remember, you've only got until the end of August. Don't wait!
Until next month...
Vice President - Flow Sales
Hach Company Flow Meter Products & Services